The FWI is the association of tool manufacturers in Germany. For our members, we are a central representation of interests to improve the framework conditions of our industry as well as a platform for intensive and active networking.
Representation of interests
- Alignment of international tariffs on tools and abolition of punitive duties
- Practical design and implementation of relevant laws, e.g.
- The Product Safety Act (ProdSG)
- The REACH Regulation
- The Packaging Act
- Preservation and strengthening of the “Made in Germany”
- FWI trademark “Deutsches Werkzeug – made in Germany” (since 1982)
- Lobbying and information work against the softening of the criteria for “made in Germany”
- Promoting quality tools and consumer safety when working with hand and machine tools
- Maintaining and expanding the promotion of joint ventures at international trade fairs by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) and the Association of the German Trade Fair Industry (AUMA) as effective support for small and medium-sized tool manufacturers in opening up new markets.
- Technical discussions on individual product groups in our sections
- Hand tools
- Tools for Powertools
- Machine knives
- Machining tools
- Dowels and wooden screws
- Exchange on cross-cutting corporate issues in our forums
- Innovative event formats such as our successful online round table for sharing experiences:
- Hard goods specialist trade
- Sales “goes digital”
- Online marketplaces
- Digital exhibition platforms
- It outsourcing
- ... and much more
- Elaborations on the current industry situation and forecasts as well as guides and decision aids for operational practice.