FWI represents the interests of its members in the home and export market. At present over 140 companies are members of the FWI. Their annual turnover amounts to 3.7 bn €, the export share is about 60%.
The objects and activities of FWI are directed to the special needs of the German tool industry and its markets.
Our association covers:
- Hand tools
- Tools for metal working machines
- Machines knives for several industries
- Construction tools and fixings
Sectors of activity are:
- Commercial cooperation
- Market and branch anlysis specifically for the tool industry
- Cooperation with consumer organisations
- Trade promotion (e.g. corporate advertising, exhibitions)
- Public relations
- Information on legal, economic, European and environmental policy
- Research and development in collaboration with specialised institutes
- Participation with national and international standarization bodies
- Cooperation with, and where applicable membership of, European and international sister organisations e.g. „European Tool Committee“ (CEO)
- Information on German tool manufacturers
FWI members are authorized to use the symbol Deutsches Werkzeug – made in Germany for advertising purposes, see http://www.deutscheswerkzeug.de.